Just on sheer volume alone, choosing a computer for business can be tricky business. Without the use of expensive IT consultants, the system you choose might not suit your needs. There are ways to make an informed decision and one excellent option is checking out the services at Dell.
Dell provides easy to understand comparison tools to narrow down the exact components you need. They sell computers direct to the end user and have no other distribution channels. Being so close to the customer means they can design you a purpose-built selection that doesn't cost the earth.
They cover the full range of computing and office needs and payment options. Take look at Dell small business computer solutions
Which desktop PC system is right for you?
Dell gives you the following questions to consider:
Which laptop is right for you?
- What activities will your desktop perform?
- Basic productivity? E-mail, Internet browsing, word processing.
- Moderately demanding tasks? Multiple applications at once, large spreadsheets, audio/video files and/or presentations.
- Highly demanding applications? Complex spreadsheets and databases, digital media, graphics application.
- Specialist engineering and design.
- Can PC stand alone or is networking needed?
- What chassis design is best? Compact/small, horizontal or vertical.
- What operating system are you after?
- What are the graphics needs?
- What hard disk/storage technology is needed?
- What processor technology is needed?
Basic solutions, business class leaders or mobile workstation? Dell gives the following questions to consider:
- Which best describes your expected notebook usage?
- Basic productivity tasks? E-mail, Internet browsing, word processing.
- Moderately demanding tasks? multiple applications at once, large spreadsheets, audio/video files and presentations
- Highly demanding applications? Complex spreadsheets and databases, digital media & graphics applications
- Specialist engineering and design
- Extreme gaming and performance
- Frequent travelling or moving from place to place with your notebook (based on weight and cover needs)
- What size screen display do you need?